Categories: News

Bosch unveils 20% cleaner gasoline

Bosch, in partnership with Shell and Volkswagen, will offer 20% cleaner gasoline, compatible with all modern engines.

To cope with the forced march towards electricity, one of the solutions considered is … clean gasoline ! An expression that can make you smile: impossible to create a petroleum fuel that does not emit CO2. But by considering the entire production chain, referred to in English by the expression “well-to-wheel”, it is possible to greatly reduce the CO2 emissions of these fuels.

This is a solution that Porsche is studying in particular, which is developing synthetic fuels, in theory as clean as electric. But this “miracle” fuel is only in the study phase, and time is running out. Hence a compromise, designed by Bosch, in collaboration with Shell and Volkswagen. This fuel, named ” Blue Gasoline” , is 33% made up of renewable products, such as naphtha and ethanol. Naphtha is a derivative of cellulose production, while ethanol can be produced from sugar from cane or other plants.

100% compatible with modern cars

Suddenly, this Blue Gasoline reduces the need for oil extraction, and renewable products, when burning, do not release more CO2 than they would have done without human intervention. The total fuel emissions are therefore lower by about 20%, according to Bosch. For its part, Shell has undertaken to compensate for the remaining 80% by setting up carbon neutrality programs.

More good news: this fuel can be used by any vehicle already compatible with the Unleaded 95 E10.

Bosch will deploy the Blue Gasoline at its own service stations in Germany, but its use may remain relatively confidential, due to high costs. A clean diesel, named Blue Diesel, had already been developed in 2018, and is used in Bosch stations and in only 8 stations other brands.

Still, the concept is interesting, and is aimed especially, according to Bosch, at sectors which currently cannot switch to electric or hydrogen, like aviation.

Read also :


Recent Posts

New Maserati Gran Turismo: this is what the interior looks like!

The second generation of the mythical Gran Turismo finally unveils its interior! After its exterior…

21 mins ago

Peugeot unveils its roadmap for its models of the future

Peugeot is actively preparing its future and presenting its projects for the next few years,…

1 hour ago

New York: more than 56,000 euros in fines for noise pollution in 2022

Noise pollution is a scourge in New York. To combat this pollution, the city imposed…

8 hours ago

He parks his Smart in his kitchen to protect it from a hurricane!

This American used drastic measures to prevent his Smart from flying away because of Hurricane…

12 hours ago

Pass Navigo: SUVs soon to be taxed to contain price increases?

This is a proposal by David Belliard to finance the Navigo pass in the coming…

13 hours ago

Tesla: lower prices annoy customers

While Tesla has made a significant drop in its prices, customers who have paid a…

13 hours ago

Fuel allowance: 70% of eligible motorists did not request it

If the fuel allowance is already a great success, most eligible motorists have not yet…

14 hours ago

This website uses cookies.